Welcome to the blog.
I caved.
Everyone is doing it...and no, mother, I would not jump off the bridge. That's silly.
You know I'm afraid of heights.
I am not, however, afraid to write about the oft-chaotic goings-on of my life. My ever-changing, always-in-transition life. Writing seems to be therapy. That's right. Two words. Therapy.
Kudos to you if you got the movie reference. If you didn't, you've figured I have some sort of disability when it comes to word count. It's possible.
I've come to the conclusion that life is a series of transitions. I used to hope for the seamless life portrayed in Leave it to Beaver or the Donna Reed Show. I liked the way their lives seemed idyllic and organized, wrapping up conflict nicely in thirty minutes or less.
I just don't think that is how it really works (good thing I clued into that, hehe?). I don't even buy into the idea anymore that I'm supposed to have one job for the rest of my life, or stay in one place.
My values are changing. I once valued the steady predictability of living in one place, growing up in the same house, staying there for years. But where is the fun in that? Don't get me wrong - nothing wrong with that. But I need to get out. There's a whole lot of world out there, and my mother tells me I am a natural traveler. I do like being settled. Which is why I'll be glad to get back home. A few more months to go. Maybe something like 6 weeks. I really should look into that.
Anyway, welcome to the blog.
Friday, August 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment