Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Catching Up

Subtitled; "Oh yah, I have a blog"

A few days ago, my boyfriend reminded me I needed to update this. So true. Speaking of him, it stinks being on the opposite sides of the pond. Soon, though, I will be back on the island of no sun. And I can make others green with envy showing off what is left of my summer tan...which isn't much. But compared those folks who get sun 15 days out of 365 - I'll look "tropical"...maybe even "exotic". Maybe not.

At the moment, I am sitting in chaos. I'd take a photo to show you what chaos looks like - but if any of you have ever been summer camp counselors for pre-teen girls, you'd be familiar with the term "suitcase barf", which is exactly the sort of chaos I am in the midst of.
Suitcases open, exposing the piles of clothing and other beloved items, waiting to see if they will make "the cut" for the final pack job.
Takes some planning and piles to move to another country - also takes some stamina and an iron will to resist taking EVERYTHING I own with me. And why take it all? Get cool new euro-stuff. But bring your own chocolate chips. They just aren't the same over there.


What I've been up to since September 14...
Disneyland for my mother's birthday (we're a bunch of Disney geeks). New Staff Orientation, so that I might return to Scotland properly oriented; support raising, meeting with friends; enjoying sunshine; a wee holiday to the NJ shore with friends, where I did absolutely NOTHING. It was terrific.

Since October 2, I've spent more time on the phone to Scotland, since more folks have left the US and returned to join the team. I've been getting updates, and sounds like winter is alive and well in Glasgow.
I hear I have a great new flat to live in, and I look forward to actually inhabiting it! A few more weeks...

No comments: