We interrupt packing chaos for a moment of sanity...
One suitcase down, one and one-half to go. I truly have no business blogging right now...Much to pack, decisions to make, inventory to update, iTunes to bring current...The list goes on; but I needed to switch gears.
I am presently left with a bunch of "stuff" to pack - mainly gifts for folks back home in Scotland, oh yah, and a 4 month supply of my favorite toiletries - somehow toothpaste and deodorant are too different for my liking over there (stamp my forehead with "high maintenance" if you must, but I dare you to try them...).
Logic tells me that it should all fit, but perhaps I have not packed well - packing for this kind of move is like trying to accomplish a 1000+ piece puzzle, in the dark, with your eyes shut.
What? Did she really just say that?
Yes. Stress isn't pretty sometimes.
I miss my packing buddies. There are two wonderful women who are gifted packers.
I mean this seriously. Stephanie, my friend from college, is the only person I know who can forcefully tell me (in Russian, sometimes) that I don't need to take 5 black sweaters, logically explain why, and still love me the next day - and I will love her back - perhaps a more important point. I lovingly call her "my packing Nazi".
Then there is Roberta, who can fit all the crap I think I need to take (after Step has approved it) into amazingly small spaces. She's incredible, I have no idea how she does it. And she prays for me in the process, which, at that point, mourning the loss of 3.5 black sweaters, I really need.
I really miss them tonight. Sadly, Stephanie is out of the country on business, and Roberta is 4 hours south of me. Alas.
Movers arrive tomorrow morning to pack up my stuff and take it away, after that, I am on my own. Maybe this wouldn't be such an issue if I just shipped my duvet and the rest of my bedding - but I am convinced that compression bags are the answer.
Fortunately, iTunes is keeping me company. If only it could roll jeans and sweaters in compression bags.
Monday, November 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment