Thursday, June 01, 2006

The road home

Tonight, I had a fabulous walk home. I had just dropped off one of our road trip participants at game night, and was on my way home after a long day in Edinburgh. I had some "quality iPod time" - I wanted to include the lyrics of the song I was listening to in this post, but after five minutes of searching on the internet, I decided it wasn't worth it to continue the search.

At any rate, it was a great walk. It was a great day, period. One of those days when you just like who you are, and where you are - and the walk home capped it off. One of those moments that is just worship, and you know it, and you and God are having a really good moment together. Here is the street I walked down to get home:



It had been a beautiful day, and beautiful night. This photo does not do justice - the blue was blue, and the greens were green. Glasgow in spring is beautiful. I told one of our guests this week that weeks like this one nearly make the dreary months worth it (note the use of the word "nearly" - I'm not there yet!).

The song was "Be Lifted Up" by Paul Oakley. Give it a listen if you own it. Great song.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Awww...so cool Sarah! I like who you are and where you are too!