I nearly titled this post "Good Things"; but that felt too "1997/Martha Stewart", so thought better of it. Onward and upward.
Today, I walked over a good chunk of Central London, as one can with a good girlfriend when one is on a "retail mission". Actually, we were on several small missions - I don't know what you call those - do they have a special word for "small missions"? "Errands" sounds too pedestrian (no pun intended) for what we were up against - Central London on a Saturday - are we nuts? Yes, most likely so.
The past week was quite intense in our training, so we felt the need to get away from the peace of the country, and head into the bustling city for some R & R. You can take the girl out of the OC...no, seriously...I think it's merely the need to be in a place that will feed my independent streak and need to make choices!! I have very few decisions I need to make on a daily basis, and sometimes this results in feeling like a lab rat to some degree.
A few things really stood out, which I (or we) both appreciated, and felt they were worth mentioning.
Being an avid avocado aficionado (BJH, that was just for you), not to mention California native (DOES any other state have an "Avocado Board"?), I really enjoyed my lunch, which was a chicken avocado wrap. I've noticed that the trend in the UK is to spread a thin paste of avocado on a sandwich, which constitutes the sandwich having avocado. I suppose it does, but not to this gal. The wrap was gorgeous.
Enjoyed a Red Cup - full of Christmas Blend, first of the season. Mmmm.
Saw a lovely (understatement of the month) Aston Martin. Yummy.
Continuing the exotic car theme; we heard it before seeing it - a Ferrari 430 Spider (Sonny Crockett not included).
Two blocks after the Ferrari, I found the perfect pair of boots, which my grandmother will be glad to hear - an early Christmas gift from her. Retail mission fulfilled.
On the way home, we overheard a group of girls giggling about the "Rick Shaw" drivers asking them if they wanted lifts anywhere...
It's good to change scenery sometimes.
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment