I'm back safe (and as sound as one can be on one hour of "sleep") from the "dark continent". Africa was AH-maz-ing.
And RJR, if you are reading this, know that there was this girl in the departure lounge to Africa with me who had this silver bracelet - arm-cuff on her bicep...it was like I was IN a David Wilcox song or something...crazy.
For most of my time there, I had Paul Simon's "Under African Skies" stuck in my head, so today, I am listening to it...the skies were amazing - the night skies especially. This was my first time in the Southern hemisphere, hopefully not my last!
Here is the Reader's Digest version of the trip (which I promise to expand on when I am operating on more than one hour of sleep):
Overall, great trip.
Cheryl & I only roomed together once, and there were no bug-related issues.
The pace of the trip was virtually non-stop, so I am ready to crash early tonight.
Teaching went really well, we were all welcomed warmly, and the first township we visited became immediate family.
No, I do not think I am now moving to South Africa (but I do have friends there who would love for me to return to help them with ministry).
I ate A LOT of MEAT (and am now ready to eat nothing but fruit). By the way, IMPALA is AMAZING.
Photos will follow as soon as I upload them! Please bear with me as I catch up to emails, etc. Thank you to all who sent birthday wishes - Africa was a great way to start a new year of my life!

No comments:
Post a Comment