Sunday, December 04, 2005

Girl's Night In



What was planned as a movie night, turned out to be loads more fun than any movie.

Tonight after RE:Hope, Joolz, Arlene and Megan came over. They even brought along a friend, Emma. We were planning on watching a movie, and helping my friend Jaelyn dye the underside of her hair dark brown. Movie never happened.

What DID happen, was an impromptu girl's night in, complete with popcorn (thanks to flatmate, Amy), M&M's from back home (thanks again, Grandma!) freshly baked cookies (I got the baking bug again, Lou - this time it was molasses cookies from Silver Palate), girl talk and a more than successful dye job!

Joolz and Megan are pros! They were happy to help, so I sat in the corner chatted with Emma and taught Arlene how to knit.
At least I think I taught her - Joolz offered some assistance as well - it was a group effort!




Jae's hair turned out great! She loves it - hopefully her husband will like it, too!
Photos: Joolz & Megan rinse out Jae's hair.

We even planned a bit of strategy for our Christmas party on the 18th. Arlene suggested a gift exchange, and Jae chimed in with "White Elephant"; which took some explanation, living in another culture! Between the two of them, we'll have a great, fun, gift exchange!! Arlene took home her knitting, and promised to bring back a finished project next Sunday. I think she's hooked!



Thursday afternoon lunches with Joolz and Arlene have become a mainstay (if anything can become a mainstay in three week's time), and Sunday evenings are beginning the same pattern. Who knows what we'll do next weekend! Any suggestions? Feel free to post your comments and suggestions!



Happy Dye-ers and Dye-ee; Joolz, Jaelyn and Megan.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Jaelyn's hair looks GREAT- good job! Sounds like a great time. Let's see...ideas for next week- Sarah's hair the color of Megan's??? = )