Monday, July 24, 2006

The one about...everything

Near-chaos is what my living room appears to be in. And it is all my mess. I am breaking my rule of relegating my "crap piles" to my own personal space, and never the "common areas". And it has now seeped into the living room. In all truth, it's really piles of paperwork - as I've turned our living room into my personal office space. My computer gets the best reception of wireless in that room - and since this is a heavy work period (like retailers in the throes of Christmas season, am I), I'm camped out on the couch.

We launch our second year of NCGlasgow the second week of September (which, if you are involved in the educational system, know is soon). Our incoming participants are sorting out their fundraising, and thinking about getting visas, and buying plane tickets. And I am right there with them, coaching and cheering them along. And that's why the living room is in the state that it's in. That, and the road trip(s).

We're in the throes of our second Road Trip, which I am loving. This go-round, we have 12 women here, and so this feels more like a mini-women's retreat than anything else. I love that. I love ministry to women, and walking alongside people in their journey. Part of this is difficult for me, as I find myself in the midst of "my Christmas season", to have to attend to the administrative things which are in my care. I find myself wanting to be more a part of the paths and journeys of these individuals, and my extrovert is mad that she has to sit at her computer and work - but I know what I am doing is needed and important. It's a fine line.

Please pray for stamina this week. Since I've been back, I really haven't gotten on any sort of a good schedule, and my body is definitely feeling it. I believe this week will force me into one, and that is a good thing. Our third and final RT is 12 days after this one ends. We are crazy, and never doing this again. Live and learn...

My friends & teammates the Libolts returned to town last week (just in time to help out with the RT!), which was a really fun thing. I watch their kids weekly, and while the 3.5-year-old welcomed me back with exuberant enthusiasm, the 14-month-old, who previously adored me, seems to have "broken up with me". Alas. The more time I spend with them, the more I think he really is not feeling well, and just wants mom. There may still be some affection in his wee heart for me - I am holding out hope that he'll take me back, and no, I'm not in denial.

On the topic of gratitude, I need to mention my God-given intellect and powers of deduction. I sorted out that if I took my extra duvet, and placed it between both mattress pads, it would be a much nicer surface on which to sleep. Turns out, I was right. Somehow, one is able to actually feel the springs and coils of the mattress when one sits or lays upon it. When Beth stayed with me, she experienced this, "What is this...?" she asked, feeling a poking coil.
So last night was a lovely, soft cloud of rest and slumber, and I am quite thankful for figuring that out. Thanks be to God.

And with that, I will away to bed.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ah, to think that just 2 very short years ago we were in that place of getting ready for Glasgow, odd really now that we are practically blood relatives, to think that we hardly knew each other at this time. Oh, what a year it was...and what a friendship ours will continue to be. I love and miss you dearly.