Yesterday I wrote about how cold it has become here. This morning, it was difficult to leave the warmth of my bed, as my room felt unusually cold. As I walked down the hall for my coffee, I discovered the cold was due to our first snowfall!
For many of the other students here from Africa and Asia, this was their first encounter with snow. The morning’s coffee break was a fine opportunity for a lively snowball fight – which many of us (myself included) were happy to observe from the warmth of the coffee lounge.
This is a beautiful place, anyway, made even more so by a light dusting of snow. If you’ve seen “The Holiday”, the English cottage was set in Surrey, and I believe filmed here (Surrey), so you have a fairly accurate picture of what it looks like here (minus Jude Law banging on our door in a drunken stupor, of course).
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment