Our internet has been down for the last several days. This in and of itself is not a bad thing. My blog entries are being written off-line (I’m not so fanatical about posting each day, so that’s okay), and will be posted whenever we’re back up and running.
I do hope that I have not missed the deadline to get my newsletter in for printing. Being in the printing industry for over three years, I know firsthand about making print deadlines. If you’re used to receiving a newsletter from me, it may be another month before that happens. If that’s the case, I apologize for missing it, and I’ll try to get some sort of “e-“ edition out to you ASAP.
The several days have also been very windy. Perhaps you’ve heard about the gale-force winds in Europe? We’re experiencing them here, to be sure. Over the weekend, there were several downed trees in Farnham, blocking the roads. Here at Pierrepont we lost one lovely tree near the dining hall. I’m certain that the wind chill alone is responsible for our near-freezing temperatures. I’ve taken to wearing my down “puffy” jacket, complete with hat, gloves and scarf. It’s “Glasgow-cold” here.
It is a short walk from my accommodations to the dining hall, but by the time I arrived, the hot food made me very thankful.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment