“Seriously? Pray ALL THE TIME?” my 12-year-old mind wondered.
I recall thinking it could either be very dull to be praying all the time, or very much a multi-tasking sort of thing.
In the last month, prayer has been on my heart more perhaps, than ever before. I don’t know that I have actually been praying every minute of my days, but I have noticed that prayer has taken more of a central focus in my moment-to-moment living than it has in recent years. I am enjoying a season where prayer has become more of an ongoing flow of conversation with God than ever before. It has been neither dull, nor has it felt as if I am multi-tasking when I engage in conversation with God.
Last week, I came across this quote:
“As it is the business of tailors to make clothes and cobblers to mend shoes, so it is the business of Christians to pray.” – Martin Luther
It seemed a timely affirmation of my prayer “paradigm shift”, and increased time spent in prayer.
Each Tuesday, the team of students I am a part of gather together to pray for one another, our program and the ministry times we will take part in together. I look forward to these times - easily one of my favorite times of the week.

1 comment:
It seems we should always be conversing with God. Somehow (maybe because he is God) he actually still hears us when our eyes are open and our hands arent folded neatly over our bed.
Post a Comment