Thursday, April 26, 2007

Top of the Roller Coaster

Climbing to the top of the roller coaster – that’s what my insides feel like right now. The impending rush down the other side of the hill I’m presently climbing – and then back up again. Metaphorically speaking, I’m climbing to the top tonight.

Tomorrow is our first ministry opportunity of the term – the weekend healing retreat. I’m looking forward to it with that same giddy excitement you feel as you climb closer to the top of “the big drop” of your favorite rollercoaster. Of course, if you hate ‘coasters, and this alienates you, I apologize – but the metaphor is so fitting.

With the first ministry under our belts, the term will pick up speed, until, as one classmate described tonight, it “will pass us by in a puff of smoke”. So tonight begins the wild ride. I think it will pass us by quickly – God grant me the good sense to be present in the midst of it all.

Speaking of things that pick up steam and run on rails – here’s this week’s favorite quote:

“Our prayers lay the track down by which God’s power can come. Like a mighty locomotive, his power is irresistible, but cannot reach us without rails.”

Watchman Nee


This week, my classmates and I presented 12-minute teaching concepts as practice runs. Tuesday was “for fun”, and 85% of us felt our presentations were better then than today’s presentations to a panel of three teachers, there to critique us, and determine who will teach on the 5-day healing retreat, and 2-week mission trip. We’ll get the news next Tuesday…stay tuned.

No comments: