Monday, May 21, 2007

Last week

Perhaps you know that 1999 was a difficult year for me. I was deeply struggling, and not myself during most of that year. I don't have any photos of me from those months. I didn't want to record (on film) the internal struggle that was reflected on my face. I look at pictures of myself since that time, and I see the joy and healing which is reflected in my face - truly who I am - the "real me". I mention this here; because this is the closest thing I can tell you to relate what ministering on the five-day healing retreat was like.

Though I cannot tell you the details of the retreat, I can tell you that God worked powerfully in the life of the individual I was praying with. On Monday night, I met my counselee and by Friday afternoon when we said our good-byes, it was as if I were hugging a totally different person. The difference was remarkable. Joy had replaced pain, wounds had been touched and healed, and they left a different person than they arrived. They will never, ever be the same, dare I say.

So, thanks for your prayers, and thanks be to God who does this all. I was sustained for the week, not feeling tired until Friday, after everyone had left. Saturday brought another opportunity to minister (there was a weekend course here, and they needed more prayer ministers), and since then I've been on R&R. If you can call laundry R&R...must be done.

Last night, most of the women involved in term 3 gathered for a girl's night. We each prepared a dish from our country of origin. We had noodles from Singapore, yams, plantains, rice and bread from the Caribbean, Salmon from Scandinavia, cornbread from the US (my contribution), salad from Austrailia, and International chicken. Apple crumble with custard rounded out our meal - very British. We had some serious food, as well good fellowship. It was truely a great night.

Our team is forming itself, and we are slowly beginning to bond together. Please pray for us as we continue to grow closer.
Tomorrow is another day off, and teaching picks up again in the evening. Wednesday I am leading the devotional, pray for some inspiration there...I'm not sure what I am supposed to bring to the morning! The morning devotional and worship times
are corporate between the term 1 & 3 students. Hope you all are having a good morning, and I'm off to enjoy my freshly made bed...

Thanks for your emails, comments and letters - they encourage me!

No comments: