Beach Shacks at West Whittering Beach, England.
This is a photo from the first weekend I was back. A group of us took a drive through Surrey, and wound up at the coast. The beaches here charge fees to park - like most of the beaches in the US. I employed my "friendly Californian girl skills" and got us a very reduced entrance fee for the time we were there.
This particular beach was sandy, rather than rocky, as many English beaches are. The sun was out, and it was warm enough - nearly felt like home. Cuddling up to a sand dune, I closed my eyes, and listened. With the sun on my face and the sound of the waves, I was back at Big Corona. All that was missing was a cup of Golden Spoon frozen yogurt (which was later remedied with the British equivalent).

No comments:
Post a Comment