Since I last posted, I have been...sleeping.
I've regressed to the life of an infant (eat, sleep, pee), in an effort to get well - okay, basically tonsillitis is kicking my butt. I am wiped out.
Today marked the first day that I couldn't see any white spots on my tonsils (yea for antibiotics), and was able to swallow food without pain - which meant that I could actually eat food in a reasonable amount of time. Because, seriously, who takes twenty minutes to eat a piece of toast?
Visiting the doctor on Monday was kind of a joke. The NHS sometimes really irks me (that's the National Health system here), and I find that when I am this ill, all of my cultural niceties go out the window, and I go through a mini-culture-shock thing - even if only on the inside.
It was an all-day effort to get into a clinic to be seen, and when my appointment finally came, it was 5 minutes (if that), no swabs to have the lab check - just a visual confirmation of what I had already self-diagnosed with the help of Web MD. Tonsillitis.
I've been very well looked after here. One of my classmates faithfully brings me (something close to) three squares every day. I probably am not eating as much as she would like me to, but I have not had much of an appetite. Others pop in for a few minutes to check on me, but then make sure I have enough rest.
I am feeling loads better, and will most likely get back to class tomorrow night. One bright spot in all this: ice cream.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment