Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Moving On

Transition can be an exciting thing. Even the changing of seasons can bring a sense of eager anticipation - personally, I feel we've bypassed summer here in Surrey - we're getting into Fall (rather, Autumn, if I want to be culturally sensitive. No one understands "Fall" as a season here.), and there is an excitement in the air, along with that crisp "snap" of cold.

Even the good, exciting things can be stressful. I'm in the middle of packing up my room (which happens to be my least favorite thing to do). Seems like I've been doing a lot of packing up of stuff over the last year. You'd think I'd be a seasoned professional by now - I suppose my packing skills have improved, but I still don't care for it. For the last year, this place has been my home. It seems strange to leave it; but I know it is time to move on.

I am leaving here a different person than when I arrived, and the change has been for the better. This has been a season of significant healing for me, and I've grown in confidence for what God has been doing in my life, and the ministry He is preparing me for.

Tomorrow morning, I catch an early train to London. From there, I'll train-hop to Paris to spend a few weeks with my aunt and uncle, who are flying over for vacation. After an intense year of training, I am glad for the chance to just be and play.

For the remainder of the year, I'll be staying with friends, as I explore the "what next". But more on that later. Back to the boxes... but first something that has been running through my head today:


The Road Not Taken - R. Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments: