Sunday, March 12, 2006

Don't eat the pink snow!

The trees in the back of the flat.


Hyndland Road with snow! It's hard to see where the sidewalk ends, and the road begins.


Around noon, the snowfall picked up - fatter flakes, falling faster!


This morning, I awoke to the world outside my walls buried beneath 6" of fluffy, light snow. Snow was still steadily falling down, creating a perfect morning for snowball fights, snowmen, and snow angels. On went the wellies, coat and camera, and I was off.

First stop was the Libolt's to see if anyone wanted to play. Mom and daughter collected, we made our way to the McDonald's, where three cousins finished dressing, and were soon engrossed in throwing snowballs, and constructing the perfect snowman.

Snowball fights ensued, don't know who won, but we sure had fun! My hair got so wet from the snowball fight, the freshly re-dyed pink bits dripped onto the snow...pink snow!! Don't eat the yellow snow, either, but you knew that.

I heard that the city was snowed in overnight, and something close to 3,000 folks who were here to enjoy Glasgow's night life Saturday night had to be housed overnight due to road and rail closures.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I love that you went out and played in it! AND...I love the new pink tips on your hair!