Saturday, August 26, 2006

It's Raining Tennent's

I've washed out Glasgow's finest from my hair & clothes (although I hear beer is good for your hair...I can expect a good hair day tomorrow, I suppose).

Friday night Claire and I met up in Edinburgh to see Snow Patrol. For all of my gig-going back in the States, I'd never experienced "the cup chuck". Guess I was going to the wrong shows...or the right ones. Standing in the open field of Meadowbank Stadium, fans launched half-full plastic cups of Tennent's Lager into the air. Tennent's is not my favorite beer - so I didn't mind eager (or just drunk) fans tossing it up in the air - but not over the crowd, folks.

I couldn't give you a play-by-play of the set list - I don't remember what they opened with - but they're a great band to hear live. SP put on a great show - despite the beer showers - one of the best I've been to in awhile.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Raining Tennent's is less painful than raining men. Hurts less when it hits you in the head.

Lloydie said...

Amen and Hallaujah….