Odd, isn't it? How people come into our lives and there's a connection there - and eventually - two years, or four years, or two months - eventually, we come to this place of not remembering what life was like before we knew that person.
What a gift to be in that place. It's an amazing friendship to try to think back and wonder how weird that there was a time and place in my life when I did not know you - for you have given so much to my life, and spoken so deeply into it.
That is what I hope for this next group of participants joining us in September. I hope they make deep, lasting connections, so that in 2008, they can send someone an email, or post a comment on a blog entry and say, "Isn't it weird that I hardly knew you before...and now we're practically blood relatives??".
Here are two of my "nearly blood relatives" from my NC year; Beth and Melanie. It was taken at Wrigley Field (Cubs v. Sox), the day before I flew back home. Cubs won, by the way...

1 comment:
Thanks love! I got tears in my eyes while reading. You too have spoken so much in my life...can't imagine it without you. I will pray the same thing for this next group of pcnts! I love you dearly my sister.
Post a Comment