Saturday, October 14, 2006

England, Chapter One.

A new chapter, a new adventure. I left Glasgow last week with a warm send-off over fondue (everything is better with chocolate), and some tears when it came time to say good bye to the wee ones I watched weekly. That was probably the worst bit! The Journalist has taken to signing her emails "Mum", and I'm getting loads of "Jolly Good" this and "Pip,Pip" that in emails from y'all...Seriously, guys...Really?

This first week has been really good, and yet quite tiring. Nearly 8 hours of class daily - my days are experienced in 2-hour bundles - Worship & Teaching, tea break (the Brits are serious about their tea breaks!), another 2 hours of teaching, lunch & afternoon break (2 hrs.), afternoon session, supper...That's me, as they say in Glasgow.

I've been so encouraged this week in the new people I've met here. I'm making friends all around the world - two girls who live in my building are from Sweden, there is a wonderful couple from Norway, loads of folks from right here in the UK, and a few Aussies, not to mention India, Africa and Asia - we are an international community! I do get the prize for being from the "western most location" (CA)! God is blessing me with new friendships and encouraging ones, at that!

"Home is where the Lord leads me"; so here's a picture of the place I call home (for the moment).
This is Ellel Pierrepont, in Surrey, England. Below is a photo of the main house, where I go for daily classes.




Here's my room, which is roughly the size of the widest part of my hallway in my (NORTH) Gardner Street flat!! Seriously.


Ellel is situated on 35 acres of beautiful land - there are many trees, and loads of Oaks - amazing in Autumn!
I'll post more photos as I take them! This is a most refreshing place to live after two years in Glasgow, which is an industrial city! It is quiet and peaceful, and beautiful!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're settling in your new home!

And HEY--you stole that picture up there on your profile!! I took that, thankyouverymuch. =)