Monday, October 02, 2006

Saying Goodbye


My last weeks in Glasgow have been a mixture of anticipation, sadness, joy, stress and peace. It is never easy coming to the end of a chapter and transitioning, but I am moving forward in the peace that I know that the Lord has a new place for me, and I look forward to it.
Walking around, seeing things for the last time (at least for awhile), was a bittersweet. Took some amazing pictures, and this one of the Kelvingrove Bowling Greens and Uni Tower is one of my favorites.

Packing up was difficult. I hate doing that stuff by myself. Fortunately, I have some pretty great friends who came over to help out. One even left me with a little message I didn't realize until later...(she had been packing up my kitchen which, apparently, bares a slight resemblence to a William Sonoma show floor, so I've been told. Thanks, Gran.). Made me laugh pretty hard - thanks, K!



After it was all said and done (and taken away into storage), it felt like I was camping. I missed my kitchen. I even made "cowboy coffee" on the stove (no more french press). After a few days of that, I caved and started buying coffees across the street at Jelly Hill coffee shop.

The flat packed up...ready for storage!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ahhh, I see the infamous wellies!!! Love you!!