Thursday, August 23, 2007

Breakfast is fun again...

...thanks to Mom!

Fun brekkie...French Roast and Joe's O's. Mmm! Mmm! Good!

Today, I hugged the (two) cereal boxes that arrived, proclaiming "My Mommy loves me!"

Joe's O's (Trader Joe's version of Cherrios; which I prefer to the "real thing") are a welcome addition, as I really don't care for what is served up here in the mornings. So I am now rounding out my "Katherine Hepburn diet" (minus the toast) with Joe's O's (don't ask how...the Kate diet was coined during my days at the advertizing agency. Something about her drinking black coffee and dry toast in her movies...).

Living in a place where your meals are provided for you on a daily basis is a gift, but it has also shown me how important choice is to helping an individual feel a sense of freedom. I hadn't realized how big a role (having) choices played into giving someone a sense of freedom until living here.
I guess I could expand on this thought, but I'm a bit tried, so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the O's, Mom!

No comments: