Monday, November 21, 2005

If I could turn back time...

Listening to Cher tonight (Yes, Cher. She went to RHS in Fresno, I'll have you know...) reminded me of this story...

Upon my arrival, I was given a "Welcome Basket".

It held various items; homemade peanutbutter biscotti, an energy drink (to overcome jet lag, no doubt), tea, some postcards to get me writing to folks back home and Twix "fingers".

The basket also held a card with the names and contact information of all the staff here in Glasgow. As I reviewed it, I noticed that it was listed alphabetically, by last name. With the exception of JJ & I.
It stated only our first names. Mind you, we don't have multiple folks with the same name (ie, three guys named "Tim") here - we're all unique with our names.

So my internal editor kicked in, and I mentioned this to JJ, "Hey, did you notice that we're the only ones without our last names listed?"

"Yes", she replied. "That's because we're so famous, we don't need last names."

"Like Cher", I mused.

"You got it."

Hm. I wonder how they knew...?



The photo was taken in September, at the Metcalf's home. JJ & I arrived "incognito" to kick off New Staff Orientation. The guys on my team wondered if I had actually dyed my hair..."I wouldn't put it past you" and "I sure hope that isn't real" were a few of the comments I heard. Just trying to blend with the kids in Glasgow...

No comments: